...so I decided to show a step-by-step on how I make them.1. Opened up SAI and sketched out whatever comes to mind. I used a different color for the details.
2. I used the ink pen, size 23, 0% min size, and 100% density.
3. Used the magic wand tool to fill in the base colors. I separated each parts by color and size in different layers. I created a layer above it and used 'clipping group' for cell shading.
4. I airbrushed a part of his face and made the edges soft by blending parts of the cell shaded area. I used a brush with 46% density and 100% blending.
5. I finished coloring all the cell shaded areas and made it look smooth.
6. I colored the lineart, saved it as a .psd, transferred it to photoshop, and filled in all the white areas (the magic wand tool in SAI doesn't cover all the areas). I merged all the layers by pressing shift + ctrl + e. I used a dark purple overlay layer to make the colors similar to each other, then, I sharpened it, adjusted the levels, and added a black stroke layer and saved it as a .png.
Feel free to ask questions~